Three important points to remember as we are marching towards perfection: 1. Consider ourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus (v. 11).
2. Do not let sin exercise dominion in our mortal bodies (v. 12).
3. No longer present our members to sin as instruments of wickedness, but present our members to God as instruments of righteousness (v. 13).
The wages of sin is death, so we should not allow sin to rule in our life. We should become slaves of righteousness which will produce sanctification.
We have been raised, through the glory of the Father, to live a new life (v. 4) under grace (v. 12), as slaves to obedience (v. 16), righteousness (v. 18) and God (v. 22)
v. 11 DEATH & LIFE:I am dead to sin
I am alive to God in Jesus.
(V22)FREE & SLAVE:
I am set free from sins
I am slave to God.
The benefit I got is ETERNAL LIFE
2 …How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? …many Christians do not believe we can die to sin.
They would like to repeat this verse every week
நமக்குப் பாவமில்லையென்போமானால், நம்மை நாமே வஞ்சிக்கிறவர்களாயிருப்போம், சத்தியம் நமக்குள் இராது. 1 யோவான் 1 :8
In the same book John also writes
அவரில் நிலைத்திருக்கிற எவனும் பாவஞ்செய்கிறதில்லை. பாவஞ்செய்கிற எவனும் அவரைக் காணவுமில்லை, அவரை அறியவுமில்லை. 1 யோவான் 3 :6
– They also quote
இயேசு அவனை நோக்கி: முழுகினவன் தன் கால்களைமாத்திரம் கழுவவேண்டியதாயிருக்கும், மற்றப்படி அவன் முழுவதும் சுத்தமாயிருக்கிறான், நீங்களும் சுத்தமாயிருக்கிறீர்கள், .. யோவான் 13 :10
– Jesus said, you have wash your feet. So, people argue, it is correct to confess our sins weely.
– We need to take certain verses in our fall and come out. When we come out we should not be thinking we can fall again and again and come out anyway. Once we come out, stay on and move forward.
– Let committing sins and confessing are not routine activities. Let us use this for exceptions. If we fail, we should not think we have no way to come back. Jesus could help in any situation but Our aim should be to live w/o exceptions.
…did I confuse you?
Let us use ‘this’, I meant John 13:10..equivalant to washing of feet…
If we are baptized into Jesus Christ, we are baptized through his death. It means our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin is died along with his death, so we are set free from our sin.
-Since Christ is raised from dead, we are born again now, and we are righteous! Amen! This righteousness leads us to holiness, and the result is eternal life which is gift of God through Jesus Christ.
‘Washing of feet’ though looks like routine activity but it is about insignificant cleaning. I don’t think this is equivalent to cleaning our sins!
The wages of sin is death but the gift of god is eternal life through Christ Jesus .